Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Other Girl Crush

so...i frequently speak of my love of scarlett johansson. i really love that broad. she's curvy, she's smart, she has a husky voice that i wish was my own, and her fashion sense is always impeccable. i love her.

but my other girl crush is quite the opposite. sort of. but not really, if i think about it. maybe just scratch the curvy thing. whatever. anyhow, Amanda Blank is a chick emcee from philly who has done work with so many incredible folks--Plastic Little, SpankRock, and M.I.A. (i can't believe i've finally got on board the M.I.A. train, btw). anyhow, she's raunchy as hell, says the craziest shit, and spits ridiculously fast. plus, she's a little hottie, and she wears the most out-there fabulous stuff on stage.

annnnd, she's super nice (and even cuter) in person! i say this because, despite my extreme intoxication on valentine's day, i saw her in the ladies' room and like, accosted her, and though most certainly made an ass of myself, i'm still rather pleased with my little chat. seriously, it's like i bumped into scarlett in the restroom--what with my level of adoration for ms. blank.

anyhow, she's coming out her debut album soon (cannot.fucking.wait.) and i'm seriously dying to see her perform.

and URB has a super interview with her. read it. and fall in love with her.

here she is with naeem from spank rock:

No comments: