Friday, January 11, 2008

Teenage Angst

so, after tuning into my new favoritest thing at work yesterday (ohmyrockness radio--yet another thing that i'm a little late to the party for...), i decided to finally spend some of my xmas Pod gift card and purchase some new tunes. i've been a tad picky as of late with the purchasing of the music--unless i'm definitelydefinitely into something, i usually steal the music from somewhere.


so, anyhow. yesterday i bought my latest obsesh: My Teenage Stride. i'm supa dupa late this party; they're first full length came out in '04, i believe, and according to their website, they've existed "in some form or another" since '03. but they released a new album in '07 called Ears Like Golden Bats and it's wonderful. reminds me a little bit of like, Interpol mixed with something slightly 80's new wave-ish, with some basslines that kinda remind me of Vampire Weekend (who is great live, btw and who's impending full length has me literally on the edge of my seat--come on 1/29!!!). Ears has been playing on my Pod nonstop since this morning on my way to work. i'm in love. end of story. and just like Vampire Weekend, they play a ton in NYC, and currently, have no scheduled dates in Chicago. eff.

funnily enough, I've also been turned on to The Teenagers. mainly because they seem to have a sense of humor. seriously. srsly. listen to some songs. actually, if you go right now, you can listen to the entire album. cuz it's all there right now. and they're releasing Reality Check on the 22nd. and i'm supadupa stoked because they're playing Sonotheque on the 28th. hazaa! take that, sold out Dan Deacon and GirlTalk shows! hmph.

i'm not going to lie, i mainly was intrigued by the band because the first song i heard was "Starlett Johansson." and it's like an ode to her. which i am definitely down with, because if i was a rock star, i'd make an ode for her too.



seriously. i love her. she's totally my girl crush. *sigh*

No comments: